16 Oct '13
Did you know The following Trucking statistics !
Posted by Jacob Crudo
- Over 70% of freight is moved by trucks.
- There are over 3,000,000 Professional truck drivers nation wide.
- Estimates have it that there are over 1.2 million trucking companies in the USA Most companies have less than 20 trucks
- Over 15 million trucks operate in the USA out of which approximately 2 million are tractor trailers
- Canada has in excess of 250 thousand truck drivers.
- The trucking industry estimates that it employs about 9 million people.
- Trucking Industry estimates it produces $255 Billion dollars, common carriers generated $100 billion,while private fleets generated $120 billion
- Average cost per mile is $1.73 or $83 per hour
- Fuel it is estimated that we use up as much as 54 billion gallons to run our trucks per year
- Road Taxes ! we the truckers pay $37.5 Billion in federal and state road taxes.